Easy Kanda Poha Recipe
Kanda Poha Recipe is very famous and delicious recipe of Maharashtra cuisine. Kanda Poha is basically a breakfast or brunch recipe, It is made with either onion or potato or both with onion and potato. Poha is very light and easy and quick to prepare, and it is very good in taste. In this recipe we add fresh green chillies, lemon, and curry leaves to make up it superb tasty.
Ingredients of Kanda poha:-
1 Big kanda(Onion) with finely chopped
2 tablespoon Oil
½ teaspoon Mustard seed
½ teaspoon Jeera
2-3 finely chopped Green chillies
Pinch of Turmeric powder
Pinch of Asafoetida(Hing)
2 spoon roasted peanuts(Optional)
½ Cup potatoes-dice small(Optional)
8-10 Curry Leaves
1 tablespoon Lemon
2-3 Whole red chillies
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Method to make Poha
1. Put Poha in a strainer and wash, don’t let it sock for too long and then leave it aside.
2. Put a pan on flame and heat oil and then add hing, mustard seeds, curry leaves, jeera, and let it crumble. Then add onion along with whole chillies.
3. When onion get brown add potatoes and let it cooked it for 30 second.
4. Add turmeric powder and saute till the potatoes are cooked.
5. Then add poha, roasted peanuts, green chillies and salt and mix it well and get the flame on medium.
6. Now shut off the flame and add lemon juice and coriander leaves and mix it very well.
7. And finally serve it with cup of tea or coffee of your choice.
Poha can be taken in any time morning or evening as snacks, and as in your breakfast. It is very digestive and healthy recipe, its ingredients is very easily available in every kitchen. You can cook lots of recipes following this website like:- Onion Paratha recipe, Rava Chilla Recipe, Malai Kofta Recipe etc.